From 1st July 2016, the Queensland State Governments First Home Owner’s Construction Grant (FHOCG) has been boosted to $20,000 (from $15,000). This increase lasts for 12 months only before it reverts back to $15,000.
Some conditions do apply, this is the Queensland State Government we are talking about!
- A ‘new home’ that entitles the buyer to the First Home Owners’ Grant is a house, unit or townhouse that:
- Has not been previously occupied as a place of residence
- Has not been previously sold as a place of residence or
- Is a substantially renovated home (renovation in which all, or most, of the structural and/or non-structural components of a building are removed or replaced).
Other eligibility for the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant:
- The buyer cannot be a company or a trust
- The buyer must be at least 18 years of age
- The buyer must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident)
- The buyer or spouse has not previously owned property in Australia
- Purchase price cannot be more than $750,000.
Anyone looking to take advantage of the FHOCG will still need to meet the usual bank lending requirements and that is why it is important to talk to us now, find out what you need to take advantage of this great opportunity.
The advantage of using a broker is we do all the leg work, and can come to you at a time that suits you. We select a product that best suits, not the product that we offer like a bank lender.
Our service comes at no cost to you which makes it even better!
Why wait, call me on (07) 46130311 or 0439735404 and we can organize a suitable time to sit down and chat.
By: Steve Pram